For Οnline abstract submission click here
PROPOSED LIST OF TOPICS FOR SESSIONS OF THE SYMPOSIUM
1. ANAEROBIC SOIL DISINFESTATION
2. SOIL SOLARIZATION, BIOSOLARIZATION, BIOFUMIGATION AND NON-FUMIGANT SOIL DISINFESTATION TECHNOLOGIES
3. SOIL DISINFESTATION AND INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT OF SOILBORNE PATHOGENS
4. HYBRIDS AND ROOTSTOCKS IN SOIL-BORNE DISEASE MANAGEMENT
5. THE ROLE OF NEW SOIL FUMIGANTS
6. SOIL DISINFESTATION IN ORGANIC FARMING
7. MANAGEMENT OF THE SOIL MICROBIOME AS A PRELUDE TO SOIL-BORNE DISEASE CONTROL
8. LONG-SCALE BIOCONTROL APPLICATIONS AGAINST SOILBORNE PATHOGENS
9. SOIL DISINFESTATION AND INVASIVE PATHOGENS
10. TOOLS FOR THE ASSESSMENT OF SOIL INFESTATION AND DISINFESTATION
11. THE IMPACT OF SOIL DISINFESTATION IN THE NITROGEN CYCLE
12. DISINFESTATION OF SOIL SUBSTRATES AND CONTROL OF SOILBORNE DISEASES IN SOILLESS CULTURES
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- All abstracts and full text papers must be submitted through ROSA (Responsive Online System for Acta Horticulturae submission and review) at https://www.actahort.org/members/symposiar?nr=617
- ROSA author manual: https://www.ishs.org/sites/default/files/page-documents/onlinesubmissionauthorsguide.pdf
- Acta Horticulturae author guidelines: https://www.ishs.org/authors -
- English is the official language of SD2018. So, only abstracts written in English will be accepted for review.
- Please indicate which session fits better to your abstract
- Also indicate your preference ……oral or poster..
- Abstracts should not exceed 300 words and be based on original work. Should give full information on the objective, materials and methods and major results obtained.
- Abstracts should be thoroughly checked for spelling (English USA) and grammar.
- Submission is strictly limited to a maximum of one oral and one poster presentation per registered participant.
- The deadline for abstract submission is 31 March 2018. Abstracts submitted by this date will be considered for evaluation. Authors will be notified of acceptance of abstracts soon after their submission.
- They will be also informed for the form of presentation as oral or poster presentation.
- To be accepted, abstract authors must be registered and paid to attend the SD2018, shortly after their positive acceptance notification.
- All presenters (oral and poster) are expected to submit a manuscript for publication in refereed proceedings, Acta Horticulturae, by the 9th of September 2018.
- For guidelines and instructions on how to prepare your manuscript for publication in Acta Horticulturae, see https://www.ishs.org/authors
- Use limited number of references (e.g. Smith 2009), only if necessary
- Two abstract submissions are permitted per author however please be aware that a maximum of one oral presentation and one poster presentation will be assigned per registered delegate for successful applicants. You will be required to complete the details for each abstract before submitting your next one.
- Your abstract will be published in the Abstract Book as submitted. Please ensure you check your data carefully before submitting as changes or additions will not be possible after submission.
Abstracts may be submitted and demanded to be presented as oral or poster presentations. Please note, if an overwhelming number of oral presentation submissions are received or based upon the type of the research work and content of the abstract, the Review Committee reserves the right to offer poster presentations for some of these abstracts.
Terms and Conditions:
The submission of an abstract indicates an understanding of the following rules for participation in SD2018:
- All author(s) approve submitting this work for presentation.
- The author(s) transfer(s) all copyright ownership of the named abstract to SD2018.
- The author(s) agree(s) to materially confine their presentations to information in the abstract if accepted for presentation. If an author has more than one abstract accepted, each presentation will be materially confined to the information in the abstract selected for the specific session.
- At least one author should be available to present the abstract if selected for the SD2018 program. The authors will immediately notify the SD2018 Secretariat if they are unable to attend or if the presenting author is changed. Please note that each presenter can still only present one oral and one poster. The organizers reserve the right to remove a presentation from the program in such cases.